Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Good (Expat) Life

My very first weekend in Seoul was a smashing success!

I spent my Saturday morning relaxing, reading the news, listening to music and chatting with friends from home.

Agata and I had a great (and chilly!) afternoon exploring Itaewon. I finally got my hands on a Korean cell phone (security at last!), and ate a great big falafel lunch in a tiny restaurant filled with people from all over the world. I snapped over two albums of photos, which are now posted on facebook.

Last night led me to a great party with great company, great food and great wine. Two lovely co teachers at the school just moved into a new place, and to celebrate their new surroundings (and the fact that they have an oven) they generously served up endless amounts of nachos, bruschetta and stuffed mushrooms.

The end of the night found us at a noraebang (a private karaoke room) downtown singing my heart out with three other teachers. An essential Korean experience, I feel!

Today I spent a leisurely Sunday cleaning the apartment, making breakfast and uploading photos. Around two, I met some other teachers for a crisp walk in the afternoon sunlight to a cute little coffeshop where we sipped delicious lattes, gossiped and discussed future adventures.

All in all, my first weekend in Seoul was the perfect mix of rest and fun. I hope that your weekend was the same!


kp

No comments: